Find Bitlocker Recovery Key in Windows 10, 8 & 7: Hey, are you lost BitLocker recover key and looking for how to find Bitlocker recover key then you are right place.
Today in this article I’m going to share how to find lost Bitlocker recovery key in Windows operating system.
Find Bitlocker Recovery Key in Windows
Bitlocker is the best way to protect your sensitive data file on your computer. It allows you to encrypt your hard drive and preventing other users to view your sensitive data.
When you lock your drive you need to store recover key to USB or computer.
But sometimes users will lose recover a key and not able to access the encrypted drive.
But now don’t worry after reading this complete guide you can easily recover the BitLocker recovery key.
There are two different ways to recover bitlocker recover key is given below.
Find Bitlocker Recover Key Using CMD
- The first step to open the command prompt as administrator.
- Run the command below command without quotes
manage-bde -protectors C: -get
- In the above command replace “C” with your encrypted drive.
- For example, if your F drive is encrypted then run command “manage-bde -protectors F: -get”.
- Once the command successfully executed you will see a 48 digit password is your recovery key.
Find Bitlocker Recovery Key Online
When you create a recovery key if your internet connection is active and you have one drive account then your recovery key is automatically stored in Microsoft account.
You can follow below steps to find it.
- To find recover key you need to open the OneDrive Recovery Key Page.
- Log in with your Microsoft account username and password.
- Once you login you will see the key id and recover key.
I hope guys now you can easily recover the BitLocker recovery key. If you have any questions about this article then feel free to comment below.