Update/Change Photo in Aadhar Card 2020: Hey, are you looking for how to change photo in aadhar card then you are the right place.
Today in this article I’m going to to share step by step guide to update/change photo in aadhar card online and offline.
Change Photo in Aadhar Card
As we all know Aadhar card is a very important government document that contains both biometric as well as demographic data of the cardholder.
So it’s very important to keep your data updated in aadhar card.
However, there could be a situation where you need to change photo in aadhar card. Because we all embarrassed when it comes to showing our aadhar card photo to someone else.
There are two ways to change aadhar card phone such as online and offline by sending post to the UIDAI.
Related Article: How to Check Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
Keep in mind your mobile number must be registered with aadhar card to change your details.
Because OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your mobile number to update details online. So without OTP you can’t able to request update/correction.
Recently UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) makes it very simple to correct your data in aadhar card online and offline.
You simply need to follow the below steps to change photo in aadhar card.
How to Change Photo in Aadhar Card Online
- First, go to the official website of UIDAI to update photo in aadhar card.
- Scroll down and tap on the Update Aadhar Card Details option under the aadhaar online services section.
- You will be redirected to the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal.
- It will ask you to enter your aadhar number and captcha code.
- Tap on send OTP button and it will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Type the OTP in the given box and tap on the login button. In case if you can’t receive the OTP then tap on the resend button.
- Next, select the information you want to update.
- Simply select the photograph option – fill other information correctly and tap on the submit button.
- Upload your photograph you want to update and a valid copy of proof to verify your changes and tap on the submit button.
- Select the BPO service provider to complete the update request.
- You will also get a URN number to your registered mobile number to check the status of your update request.
How to Change Photo in Aadhar Card Offline
- First, go to the official UIDAI website.
- Scroll down to the update aadhaar section and click on the “Update Aadhaar at Enrolment/Update Center”.
- You need to visit the nearest aadhaar enrolment center to complete the process.
- Simply search for nearest enrolment center by State, Postal (PIN) Code and Search box as shown in the below image.
- Select your state, district, sub district, city/village/town, captcha verification code and click on the locate a center button.
- Next, you will see a list of enrolment center nearest your address.
- At the center, you need to carry the original copy of the aadhar and original photograph.
- Fill the aadhar update form with your biometric details and the executive will take your live photograph.
- You have to pay a fee of Rs. 25 and the executive hands over the acknowledgment slip containing URN number.
- The URN number can be used to check the aadhar update status online.
How to Change Photo in Aadhar Card via Post
Now you can also update aadhar card data by sending the request through the post to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- First download the aadhaar data update/correction form from here: https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV5.pdf.
- Take a print of the form and fill the required details and write an application to the regional office requesting them to make the change in aadhar photo to the below addresses.
Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Final Words: I hope guys now you can easily change photo in aadhar card online after reading this article. If you have any question then feel free to comment below.