Hey, are you looking for how to delete paytm account permanently in 2019 then you are at the right place. Here you can find a complete guide on how to deactivate your paytm account from android or iphone device.
Paytm (Pay Through Mobile) is a very fast-growing e-commerce and mobile payment system app that has increased its popularity in India. It was founded by Vijay Shankar Sharma, a common businessman from Delhi under his own company named One97 Communication in 2010.
This digital payments platforms allows you to transfer money instantly to anyone at zero cost through the integrated wallet and paytm payments bank via debit cards, credit cards, online net banking and UPI (Unified Payments Interface). You simply need to set up an account using email id or mobile number to avail service.
Initially paytm started as online recharge and bill payment service. However, the list of advanced features and useful services has expanded rapidly in the last few years.
In 2019 you can use paytm for prepaid recharge for mobile, data card, DTH cable, metro card, etc as well as postpaid bill payment for mobile, broadband, landline, credit card, electricity, gas and water bill. You can also book tickets for movies, buses, flights, hotel rooms, and trains.
As we know paytm provides a list of great features and services to its customer but sometimes certain issue arises in which you need to close paytm account permanently from the smartphone using Android or iPhone application.
Possible Ways To Delete / Deactivate Paytm Account
- Through Android or iPhone Application
- Send Email or Call to Customer Care
- Through Official Paytm Website
Before continue reading this article keep in mind there is no option available in paytm to deactivate your account permanently. Since there is no direct way, this complete guide helps you to close your paytm account permanently.
Delete Paytm Account Through Android or iPhone App
- First, log on to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for the Paytm app on your smartphone.
- Install it on your device and launch the app, Log in to your account using a mobile number or email id and password.
- Once you successfully login to account you will be redirected to the dashboard and tap on the three-line menu icon available at the top left corner of the screen.
- Here you can find a list of account-related options, scroll down and click on 24×7 Help option to open queries, help, topics, and forms.
- There are different categories available inside the “What can we help you with?”. Tap on the Profile Settings button.
- Now select an issue that describes your problem. Tap on the “I need to permanently close / delete my account”.
- Select preferred reason from the list such as I want to use paytm with a different number, I don’t use this account, I want to log out from all devices and linked apps, I have lost my phone / forfeited my number, I have issues in using paytm services, etc.
- Tap on the Message Us button to chat with customer care executive and request to close your account.
After sending your request, customer executive team will contact you to confirm your request and you will receive a unique link to your registered mobile number. Follow the link to complete your request.
Deactivate Paytm Account Through Official Website
- Log on to the official website of Paytm from your smartphone or computer.
- Move your mouse pointer to the profile icon available at the top right corner of the screen and select the 24×7 help option.
- You will be redirected to the help page and select My Account option inside the help us understand your concern section.
- Now select your issue category is I want to close/delete my account, also choose your issue and it will show you Message Us option.
- Next write a message for deleting the account, mention your account details and click on submit your query button.
- Customer care executive will contact you within 24 hours regarding your request and upon your confirmation, your request will successfully be processed.
Final Words: I hope guys now you can easily deactivate paytm account permanently after reading this article. If you any question regarding this article then feel free to comment below.