Change Date of Birth in Aadhar Card: Hey, are you looking for how to change date of birth in aadhar card then you are the right place.
Today we are going to share step by step guide to change your birth date in aadhar card online as well as offline.
Before continuing the article make sure your Mobile Number is Registered with Aadhar Card.
It is necessary to link your number with Aadhar as OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your mobile number.
So without OTP you can’t able to request update or correction in your aadhar card.
Recently UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) launched a self-service update portal that allows you to change/update details in aadhar card online and offline.
Through the self-service update portal (SSUP) you can change the following details in your aadhar card.
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Local Language
- Mobile Number
- How to Change Photo in Aadhar Card
- How to Change Local Language in Aadhar Card
- How To Change Name In Aadhar Card
You simply need to follow the below steps to change your date of birth in Aadhar card.
How to Change Date of Birth in Aadhar Card
- First, go to the UIDAI website to change the date of birth in Aadhar card.
- Scroll down and tap on the Update Your Aadhar Online option under the aadhar online services section.
- Next, enter your aadhar card number, captcha code, and tap on the send OTP button.
- A one time password will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Type the OTP in the given box and tap on the login button.
- Select the information you want to update.
- To change the date of birth you need to select dob from the list.
- Fill the correct information and tap on the submit button.
- Upload a valid proof to verify your changes.
- Select the BPO service provider to complete the update request.
- You will also get a URN number to your registered number to check the status of your update request.
How To Change Birth Date In Aadhar Card Offline
- First, open the official UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority Of India) website. For example: https://uidai.gov.in
- Scroll down and click on the “Update Aadhar at Enrolment/Update Center” option under the update aadhar section.
- To change your date of birth you need to visit the nearest aadhar enrolment center.
- You can search for the nearest enrolment center by State and Postal (PIN) Code as shown in the below image.
- Select your state, district, sub-district, city/village/town, captcha verification code, and click on the locate a center button.
- In the next screen, you will see a list of enrolment center nearest your address.
- At any of the nearest center, you need to carry the original copy of the aadhar and other proof of date of birth.
- Fill the aadhar update correction form with your original date of birth.
- Along with the form you need to submit the proof of date of birth.
- After that executive takes your biometrics to authenticate your identity.
- You have to pay a fee of Rs. 25 and the executive hands over the acknowledgment slip containing URN number.
- The URN number can be used to check the aadhar update status online.
Change Date of Birth In Aadhar Card Via Post
As you know you can update the birth date in aadhar card online, offline as well by sending the request through the post to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- First download the aadhar data update/correction form from here: https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV5.pdf.
- Print the downloaded form and fill the required details you want to change in your aadhar card.
- Now tick-mark the box of the date of birth correction and sign the form to complete your request.
- Attach your proof of birth date along with the update correction form.
- After that, you need to send the all supporting documents via speed post to the below addresses.
Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long does it take to change date of birth in aadhar card?
It will take maximum 10-15 days to get the updated your aadhar card.
Q: What are the documents required for change of date of birth in Aadhar card?
You must need a valid proof of birth such as Birth Certificate or SSLC Certificate.
Q: How many times birth date can be changed in aadhar?
There is no such limit given by the unique identification authority of india.
Final Words: I hope guys now you can easily change aadhar card details online. If you have any question then feel free to comment below.