Anyone who wants to change aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number and email id and other details can now easily do it online. As we all know aadhar is the world’s largest biometric ID system with 12 digits unique identification code that is assigned to every resident to india. It helps you to avail the benefits of the government scheme, create a new bank account and much more.
Recently the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) launched self-service portal to easily get their aadhar card updated online and offline. This service helps you to update or change their address, date of birth, mobile number, name, and other information into their aadhar card database.
If you changed your house recently and you have not updated till now then here you can find the complete guide on the process of aadhar card update/correction/change online.
How To Update Address In Aadhar Card Online
The online process of aadhar card update/correction is very easy if you are familiar with how to use a smartphone or computer and internet.
But before continuing the aadhar card correction process online there are some important points you need to keep in mind is your mobile number is registered with aadhar card to verify your request via OTP (One Time Password).
In OTP verification process 4 digit code has been sending to your registered mobile number and you need to submit it to self-service update portal. In this portal, you can easily change address, name, gender, mobile number, email id and date of birth. You only need to follow below step by step process to aadhar card update/correction online.
Step 1: First, go to the official website of UIDAI (https://uidai.gov.in) from your preferred web browser.
Step 2: Scroll down and click on the Update Your Address Online option inside the Update Aadhaar section. You will be redirected to the Aadhaar self service update portal.
Step 3: If you have valid address proof then click on the “Update Address” option otherwise click on “Request for address validation letter”.
Step 4: In next screen enter your 12 digits unique aadhaar number. Type text verification code and tap on the Send OTP button or you can also enter TOTP.
Step 5: An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the received OTP and click on Login button.
Step 6: Now select the field which you want to update. For example, if you want to update your address then select the “Address Update” option and click on the submit button.
Step 7: After that enter your new residential address as mention in your proof of address. Verify your entered address and click on the “Submit Update Request” button.
Step 8: In case if you want to entered a wrong address and want to modify it then click on the “Modify” option.
Step 9: To complete your request you need to upload valid proof in supported file type such as jpg, png, jpeg, pdf and tiff. Select the document type you want to provide as proof of address > select file and upload
> click on submit button.
Step 10: Once you submitted the proof, a URN (Update Request Number) will be generated automatically.
Step 11: Next, select the BPO service providers to review and verify your uploaded details and click on the submit option.
Step 12: After that, you can download or print the acknowledgment copy containing the update request number, which could be used to track the aadhar card update/correction status online.
How To Change Address In Aadhar Card Without Proof OR Supporting Documents
If you don’t have valid proof of your address and want to change your aadhar details online then you can use “Address Validation Letter” as a proof. The address validation letter allows you to update the address in aadhaar card through the validator.
You can follow the step by step process to update the address in aadhaar card through address validation letter.
Step 1: Visit the official website of UIDAI (https://uidai.gov.in) from your preferred web browser.
Step 2: Scroll down and click on the Update Your Address Online option inside the Update Aadhaar section and you will be redirected to the Aadhaar self service update portal.
Step 3: If you don’t have valid address proof then click on “Request for address validation letter” option.
Step 4: To start the process you need to enter your 12 digits unique aadhar number, text verification code as shown in the image and click on “Send OTP” or “Enter TOTP” button.
Step 5: Now enter the address verifier aadhaar number/UID and click on the submit button. That’s it your request has been submitted, OTP and link will be sent to the registered mobile number of the verifier.
Step 6: Within 1-minute verifier get as SMS to their registered mobile number containing the OTP and link to the verify the applicant’s request.
Step 7: Simply tap on the link and login to the account, it asks to enter the OTP in the box to confirm the request of the applicant.
Step 8: Once the verifier confirms your request, UIDAI also sent an SMS to your mobile number with the SRN and link to submit the final request.
Step 9: Click on the link and you need to type the SRN and OTP, tap on the login button.
Step 10: In the next page submit your details in the local language and click on “Submit Update Request” button to complete the process.
How To Update Aadhar Card Address By Visiting Enrolment Centre
If you don’t want to update aadhaar details online then you can also visit Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment to update both biometric (Finger Prints Iris, Photograph) and demographics (Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Address and Email ID).
There are three different modes for aadhaar update/correction and document verification at the time of placing the update request.
- Updating Client Lite (UCL)
- Updating Client Standard
- Updating Via AUA Point Of Presence
Updating Client Lite (UCL): In UCL mode you can update all the demographic field, local language and your photo. In this mode the biometric authentication done by the resident. You need to follow the below steps.
Step 1: First, visit the nearest enrolment centre and fill the aadhar correction form.
Step 2: Make sure you enter the all information is correct, crosscheck it and submit it to the executive.
Step 3: Now the enrollment centre executive will verify your filled details and update your details in software manually. After that biometric authentication is done by the executive.
Step 4: Once authentication successful you will get an acknowledgment slip containing update request number (URN) that can be used to track update status online.
Step 5: You need to pay Rs. 25 to the enrollment centre for update and correction. The executive will also provide a biometric signature, image, mobile number against all updates.
Update Aadhaar Card Details Via Post
Now you can also change aadhaar card details by sending the request through the post to UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) instead of an online and offline method. The steps to update or correction to your aadhaar through the post is given below.
Step 1: Download and print the aadhaar update/correction form.
Step 2: Now fill the details you want to change and tick mark the details. Sign the form and attached the supporting document and proof with the form.
Step 3: Once done you need to send this form via speed post to below address.
Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
How To Update/Change Date Of Birth In Aadhaar Card
Step 1: First, open the official website of UIDAI (https://uidai.gov.in/)
Step 2: Click on “Update your address online” under the aadhaar online services section. You will be redirected to the UIDAI self service update portal.
Step 3: Login to self service update portal using Aadhaar or VID and captcha code. A One Time Password will be sent to your register mobile number to verify your request.
Step 4: Now select the which information you want to update. Simply tick the dob and tap on submit button.
Step 5: Fill your correct dob, next you need to upload valid proof to verify your date of birth and click on submit button.
Step 6: Lastly, select the BPO service provider for complete request. In your register mobile number, you will also get the URN number to track the update request status.
Documents Required For Updating Or Correcting Aadhaar Card Details
Documents Required For Proof of Identification
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Government photo ID
- Ration or PSD photo card
- Driving license of the applicant
- Job card of NREGS
- License of Arms
- Service photo ID card issued by PSU
- A photo identification card issued by a recognized educational institute
- Passbook of Kisan
- Photo of CGHS
- Photo of Freedom Fighter card
- Photo of Pensioner card
- Photo of credit card
- Photo of bank ATM card
- Photo of ECHS card
- Proof of marriage of the applicant issued by the marriage registrar
- Certificate of marriage
- Legally approved name change certificate
- Disability identification card or handicapped medical certificate
- Residing address card of the applicant containing photo and name originally issued by the department of posts
Document Required For Proof Of Address
- Bank passbook or last three months statement
- Passbook or account statement of the post office
- Insurance policy
- Kisan passbook
- Ration card
- Echs card
- Voter identification card
- Cghs card
- Driving license of the applicant
- Freedom fighter card
- Photo identification cards issued by the government
- Pensioner card
- PSU issued service photo id card
- Arms license
- Previous 3 months’ electricity bill
- Job card of nregs
- Water bill as long as it is not more than 3 months old
- Last three months credit card statement
- Last three months landline bill
- Receipt showing the property tax
- For minors, parents’ passport is required
- Assessment order of the income tax
- Spouse’s or partner’s passport
- Registration certificate of the vehicle.
- Photo and letter signed by the bank on letterhead
- Registered agreement for sale, lease or rent of the applicant’s residential address
- Previous 3 month’s bill of gas connection
- Caste and domicile certificate with a photo issued by the state government
- Photo and address card by the department of posts.
- A handicapped medical certificate or disability identification card issued by a state government
- Photo and signed letter issued by an educational enterprise on their letterhead.
- Address certificate with a photo on letterhead issued either by gazetted officer or tehsildar.
- Signed letter and photo on the letterhead of the company
- Address certificate issued by village panchayat head
Document Required For Date of Birth
- Birth certificate
- Pan card
- Certificate passport
- Central government health service scheme photo card
- Certificate of date of birth issued by a gazetted officer on letterhead
- State pension payment order
- Marksheet issued by any government board or university
- Photo identity card issued by PSU containing dob
- Government photo id card
Document Required For Proof Of Relation To Head Of Family
- PDS card
- Mnrega job card
- Army canteen card
- Medical card
- Pension card
- Marriage certificate issued by the government
- Birth certificate issued by the registrar of birth
- Municipal corporation and other notified local government bodies like taluk or tehsil
- Government-issued family entitlement document