Find AO Code for PAN Card: Hey, are you looking for how to find AO code for pan card then you are the right place.
Today in this article we are going to share how to find your AO code and AO type for pan card online.
Find AO Code for PAN Card
As you know when you apply for a new pan card application then there is an option to enter the PAN card AO code. So it is now mandatory for the new pan card applicant to enter AO code.
The full form of AO code is Assessing Officer this determining the jurisdiction linked to the taxation.
This is a combination of four elements like Area code, Assessing Officer type, Range type, and Assessing Officer number.
The Area code is used to identify the geographical location of the individual or company.
The AO type is used to identify the type of PAN card holders like individual, company, service personnel or NRI.
Range Type is used to identify the specific area they live in, this range is assigned based on the address of pan card holder.
The last one is Assessing Officer number is a numerical value published by NSDL.
Mainly there are four types of AO is International Taxation, Non-International Taxation (Outside Mumbai), Not International Taxation (Mumbai) and Defence personnel.
How to Find AO Code for PAN Card
As you know Assessing Officer is based on the four main factors. So you need to follow below step by step process to know your PAN card AO code.
- First download the list of AO codes from the official website of NSDL.
- Open this file and search your city by pressing Ctrl + f key.
- After finding your city in an additional description check your area is available or not.
- Also check that you qualify as a salaried individual, nonsalaried individual, or nonindividual applicant.
- Now write your Area code, Range type, Assessing Officer type, and Assessing Officer number on a paper.
How to Check Your AO Code & AO Type for PAN Card
- Visit the official website of the Incometaxindiaefiling website.
- Here click on the login button and enter your User ID and Password.
- Go to Profile setting and select the My Profile option.
- Click on PAN card details and here you will see details like number, name, date of birth, gender, area, and ao code number.
I hope guys now you can easily find and check AO code for the PAN card application. If you have any questions or queries about this article then feel free to comment below.