Did Instagram not updating your profile?
Don’t worry, you are not alone, there are so many Instagram users are facing the same issue. But you might be now thinking, why the hell I’m facing this issue, there are so many reasons Instagram not allow to change your profile.
- The main reason for this could be due to a temporary glitch within the Instagram app.
- Instagram app is not updated to the latest version.
- You might enter something that not allowed like certain characters or links.
- Instagram may have temporarily banned on editing your profile.
- Your account isn’t verified (Email or Mobile verification).
- Mobile internet or wifi configuration changed automatically.
Now you know the possible reasons why Instagram won’t let me change my profile. Below you can find step by step guide to fix error when saving the profile on Instagram.
Method 1: Uninstall & Reinstall Updated App
The very common reason for this issue could be a temporary glitch with an installed app. You can easily fix it by updating the app.
- First, uninstall the Instagram app from your Android or iPhone device.
- Go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store and install the latest version of the Instagram app.
- Now login to your account through username and password.
- Check if the Instagram profile is updating or not.
Method 2: Restart your Wi-Fi or Mobile Data
Sometimes Instagram is block the IP address that is assigned to your device. Simply follow the below steps to get a new IP address.
- First, turn off your Wi-Fi router or mobile data.
- Wait for at least 1-2 minutes and turn on again.
- Once your device connected to the internet you will get the new IP address to your device.
- Now check if the error still persists.
If you are still facing the issue after applying the above steps then try to login to your account on other devices and the problem will be fixed.
Also, keep in mind Instagram not allows to update your profile if your account temporary ban on editing profile. To unblock it, you need to send an email to the support team.