Snapchat is the world’s most popular photo messaging app created by Evan Spiegel in September 2011. It is a great app to use and stay in touch with friends and families by sharing photos and short videos.
However, sometimes people need to take a break from social media. So if you tried snapchat and don’t feel like using it anymore or you might have decided to this app is not quite right for you.
Snapchat understands your situation and allows you to deactivate account temporary or permanently. So no matter whatever reason maybe you can instantly delete your snapchat account.
Important Note: As we all know snapchat is famous for its automatic deletion policy, keep in mind some kind of messages and photos cannot be deleted. So think once before you snap!
- When creating a new account: Personal details you submit when creating a new account on snapchat.
- When you use snapchat: Type of information collected by snapchat such as messages, photos and your contact list.
- Information from third parties: Snapchat also works with other companies so that information collected by snapchat maybe exchange with third-party companies and it will create your profile more comprehensive.
How To Deactivate And Delete Snapchat Account
To delete your account permanently, first, you need to deactivate your account. Which means your friend’s list can no longer contact your profile will be invisible on snapchat. After completion of 30 days, profile will be automatically deleted.
So in this 30 days if you change your mind snapchat give you chance to reactivate your account. To reactivate it you need to sign into an account with your username and password.
- First, open the https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/delete_account from your web browser on android or iphone device.
- It will ask you to enter your username and password, click on login button.
- In next step, snapchat confirm you about account deletion action. Again type in username and password and click on continue button.
- You will see a message like your account has been deactivated.
- If your email id is linked with snapchat then you will also receive follow up email to confirm that your account has been deactivated.
Procedure To Reactivate Your Account
If you change your mind within 30 days then simply open the snapchat app and log in to your account using username and password.
After login you will see a account reactivate message, simply tap on the ok button. That’s it your account has been activated.
Final Words: I hope guys you like this article. If you have any question then feel free to comment below.