Hey, are you looking for how to change date of birth in voter id card then you are at the right place. Here you can find complete step by step guide to update date of birth in voter id card online and offline.
The Indian Voter ID card is a photo identity document issued by the ECI (Election Commission of India) to all individuals who have reached the age of 18, which are directly eligible to the voter. This card is also known as voter card, election card, and chutni card.
The main purpose of the voter id card is to increase the efficiency of the electoral roll to prevent impersonation and fraud during the democratic election. This document also serves as an official document for proof of address and proof of identity.
Before continue reading the make sure your mobile number must be registered with the voter id card to receive one time password via sms and call. In case if your number is not registered with voter card then it’s difficult to update / correction in your voter card.
Recently Election Commission of India has launched a new platform to change details in voter id card online. You simply need to follow the below steps to change/update/correction in voter id card.
Procedure To Change Date of Birth In Voter ID Card Online
- First, go to the official website of NVSP (https://www.nvsp.in) to update voter id card details.
- Scroll down and tap on the Form 8 button inside the correction of entries in electoral roll section and you will be redirected to the Form 8 page.
- You can also change the preferred language from the top right corner of the page. There are three different languages available such as Hindi, English, and Malayalam.
- Inside application for correction to particulars entered in electoral roll section select your state, district and assembly/parliamentary constituency.
- Next enter your personal details such as name, surname, the part number of the electoral roll, serial no of electoral roll and elector’s photo identity card number.
- Select the entry you want to change name, photograph, elector’s photo identity card number, address, date of birth, age, name of relatives, gender and type of relation.
- Choose the date of birth and enter your correct birth date. You also need to upload proof of age such as aadhar card issued by UIDAI, birth certificate, mark sheet of class 10, 8 or 5, indian passport, pan card or driving license.
- After you upload supporting documents type your email id and mobile number. Now verify your entered details and tap on the submit button.
Your information will be verified by the ECI and if your entered details and supporting documents are correct then it will be updated within 12-15 days.
Final Words: I hope guys now you can easily change date of birth in voter card online after reading this article. If you have any question then feel free to comment below.