Hey, are you looking for how to change date of birth in aadhar card then you are the right place. Today we are going to share step by step guide to update birth date in aadhar card online.
Before continuing the article make sure you must have register mobile number is available. Registered mobile number is necessary to update aadhar card information online. Because OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your mobile number. So without OTP you can’t able to request update/correction in your aadhar card.
Recently UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) launched a self service update portal that allows you to change/update details in aadhar card online and offline. Through self service update portal (SSUP) you can change following details in your aadhaar card.
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Local Language
- Mobile Number
You simply need to follow the below steps to change/update/correction.
Procedure Change Birth Date In Aadhar Card Online
- Step 1: First, go to the official website of Change Date of Birth in Aadhar to update aadhar card details
- Step 2: Scroll down and tap on the Update Aadhar Card Details Online option under the aadhaar online services section. You will be redirected to the Aadhaar Update Portal.
- Step 3: Now enter your aadhar card number, captcha code and tap on the send otp button. A one time password will be sent to your registered mobile number. Type the otp in the given box and tap on the login button.
- Step 4: After you login select the information you want to update. Simply select the dob option to update your birth date, Fill the correct information and tap on the submit button.
- Step 5: Next, you need to select the valid proof of the document of your choice. Upload a valid copy of proof to verify your changes and tap on the submit button.
- Step 6: Select the BPO service provider to complete the update request. You will also get a URN number to your registered mobile number to check the status of your update request.
How To Change Birth Date In Aadhar Card Offline
- Step 1: First, open the official UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority Of India) website. For example: https://uidai.gov.in
- Step 2: Scroll down and click on the “Update Aadhaar at Enrolment/Update Center” option under the update aadhaar section.
- Step 3: To change your date of birth in aadhar card you need to visit the nearest aadhaar enrolment center.
- Step 4: You can search for nearest enrolment center by State, Postal (PIN) Code and Search box as shown in the below image.
- Step 5: Now select your state, district, sub district, city/village/town, captcha verification code and click on the locate a center button.
- Step 6: In the next screen, you will see a list of enrolment center nearest your address.
- Step 7: At any of the nearest center, you need to carry the original copy of the aadhaar and other proof of date of birth.
- Step 8: Fill the aadhaar update form with your original date of birth.
- Step 9: Along with update request form you need to submit the proof of date of birth. After that executive takes your biometrics to authenticate your identity.
- Step 10: You have to pay a fee of Rs. 25 and the executive hands over the acknowledgment slip containing URN number. The URN number can be used to check the aadhar update status online.
Update Date of Birth In Aadhar Card Via Post
As you know you can update birth date in aadhaar card online, offline as well by sending the request through post to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- Step 1: First download the aadhaar data update/correction form from here: https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV5.pdf.
- Step 2: Print the downloaded form and fill the required details you want to change in your aadhaar card.
- Step 3: Now tick-mark the box of the date of birth correction and sign the form to complete your request.
- Step 4: Attach your proof of birth date along with the update correction form.
- Step 5: After that you need to send the all supporting documents via speed post to below addresses.
Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I change date of birth in aadhar card?
As per UIDAI, there are two ways to update date of birth on Aadhaar card: Visit aadhar self-service update portal (online) or enrollment center (offline) to change date of birth in aadhar card.
Q: How long does it take to change date of birth in aadhar card?
It will take maximum 10-15 days to get the updated your aadhar card.
Q: What are the documents required for change of date of birth in Aadhar card?
You must need a valid proof of birth such as Birth Certificate or SSLC Certificate.
Q: How many times birth date can be changed in aadhar?
There is no such limit given by the unique identification authority of india.
Q: Can we update date of birth in Aadhar card online?
Yes, you can update birth date in aadhaar card online as well as offline.
Final Words: I hope guys now you can easily change aadhar card details online. If you have any question then feel free to comment below.