If you are an indian citizen planning a trip to the United Kingdom on a short term basis for holiday, for a business/recreation purpose, to visit friends and family or to receive private medical treatment, you will need to obtain a UK tourist visa from india.
The UK tourist visa is also known as the Standard visit visa and General visitor visa can be used by individuals who wish to visit the UK for short periods of time, for example up to 6 months. But in some case, individual also allows to extend up to 10 years with subject to certain conditions.
Keep in mind this visa is for individual who are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. Also while you visit the UK on a tourist visa there are some restrictions on what you can do and can’t do.
Generally, United Kingdom visitor visa is granted for a period of 6 months. But if you are a frequently visiting the UK, you can also apply for a multiple entry visa is valid up to 2, 5 or even 10 years. With multiple entries, visa individual is allowed to stay in the United Kingdom at any given time.
What are the eligibility criteria for UK tourist visa from India?
In order to get the United Kingdom visitor visa, applicants must meet certain needs and requirements of the visitor rules, even if you are traveling. Their requirements are listed below. Keep in mind additional requirements are based on the kind of visa being applied for.
- A genuine intention to visit, Applicant must furnish proof showing that visiting the country will not harm its public in any way.
- Applicants must not have any criminal record against them. Also, applicant not involved in any criminal case at the time of application for a visa.
- Passport is valid for a minimum of 6 months must be provided.
- Medical test of the applicant should be passed and in case of work visa, the work permit must be furnished.
- Visa qualification criteria must be met and it depends on what kind of visa you apply for.
- You are able to support yourself for the duration of the trip.
- Applicant must be exit the UK while having a valid visa.
- Must have a valid proof of business or other activity you want to do in the United Kingdom as allowed by the rules.
- Applicant must have enough fund to financially support themselves or their family during the course of their stay in the country.
- Will only take duty or job described before in job-related activity.
- The applicant only switches from a civil partnership into a marriage.
- Applicant not in transit to another country, except for Ireland, Channel Island and the Isle of Man.
In case if you are applying for a long term visa, in addition above criteria you will also be required to prove below things to the UK migration authorities.
- You need to visit the UK on a frequent and ongoing basis.
- The reason for you need to visit the UK frequently is not changing during the period the visa is valid.
There is some additional eligibility requirement for visitor under 18, for a candidate to traveling to take private medical treatment, to donate an organ and traveling as an academic to UK for 1 year.
Why might your UK tourist visa application can be refused?
As you know there are various requirements and criteria you need to follow while applying for a UK tourist visa from india. In some cases your application may be refused is give below.
- When false documents or information submitted, false representation has been made or material facts have not been disclosed when your application is valid.
- In past f you break UK immigration law such as being an illegal entrant, currently banned from UK, overstaying or using deception in a previous application.
- Fail to provide satisfactory documents or provide other information without reasonable excuse to attend an interview or provide biometric information.
- Where you are currently the subject of a decision to make a deportation order.
Document requirement for apply UK tourist visa
When you apply for UK tourist visa you also need to submit a certain document. The below-listed documents are compulsory. Additional documents also required based on what kind of visa are you applying.
- Current passport or another valid travel document (Must have a blank page in your passport and it should be valid for the whole of your stay in the UK)
- Certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh
- A receipt that is provided for the fee paid needs to be furnished
- Supporting documents such as proof of age and proof of address (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, etc)
- Document or letter confirming the appointment
- A recent passport sized color photograph. Photo guidance is needed when applicant exempted from providing biometrics
- Photographs on the application from those who have not submitted biometrics
- Dated and signed printout of the online application form
- Evidence of income and bank account, tax submissions and so on.
- Evidence of sponsors leave for an applicant to remain in the UK
- Evidence and documents regarding applicants education
- Evidence of income that has been stated on the application form such as pay slips, a letter from employer, tax returns, etc
- Evidence of any asset such as land or property
- Marriage or divorce certificate in addition to evidence of applicants family staying in their native country when they travel
- In case applicant has applied for a settlement visa then a completed self-assessment form that is signed
- Proof that you will leave the UK at the end of the visit
UK Tourist Visa Application Fees In Indian Rupees
After you complete the online application form and submit supporting documents you need to pay fees for your visa application online. Below you can find fees for your UK tourist visa.
How long does it take to process UK visitor visa application
Standard service: Pay 8990.00 INR in total, most people get a decision within 15 working days after attending their biometrics appointment
Priority service: Pay 29809.00 INR in total, most people get a decision within 5 working days after providing their biometrics
Super Priority service: Pay 99456.00 INR in total, most people get a decision within 24 hours after providing their biometrics
Step by step procedure to apply for UK tourist visa from India
If you are applying for UK tourist visa from india then you must need to do so online. Here you can find step by step procedure to get UK tourist visa from india.
Step 1: First, open the official website of UK Visas and Immigration website from your web browser. For example: https://www.gov.uk
Step 2: Scroll down to the government services options and click on the Visas and immigration as shown in below image.
Step 3: There are different types of visas available such as study, visit, family, work, live permanently in the UK and much more. Simply click on Visit the UK option to apply for a visitor visa.
Step 4: The United Kingdom provides 6 types of different visit visas is given below.
- Standard Visitor visa
- Marriage Visitor visa
- Permitted Paid Engagement visa
- Parent of a Tier 4 child visa
- Visit the UK in a Chinese tour group
- Visa to pass through the UK in transit
Step 5: You need to click on the Standard Visitor visa option and you will be redirected to the next page.
Step 6: In standard visitor visa page click on the Apply page to apply online from your home.
Step 7: Next tap on the Apply now button to open the online application form.
Step 7: Select your language
Select your preferred language but keep in mind you can only read the question in a different language but your answer must be in English because of the English version of the questions will be used to assess your application. After you select the language click on the next button.
Step 8: Select country to provide biometrics
Select your country in which you are making your application and wish to provide your biometrics.
After that, you need to check the available biometric enrolment location for your country of application. There are only selected locations, where you can go to provide your biometric, is given below.
- Mumbai North
- Mumbai South
- New Delhi
- Electronic City TEL
- Whitefield Bengaluru
You must need to attend an appointment at one of the above visa application centers.
Select the “I have checked available biometric enrolment locations and can travel to a location in my selected country. If no location is available in that country, then I confirm that I can travel to a location in the redirected country.” option and click on the next button.
Before you start filling the online application form find out what supporting documents you will need.
Step 9: Register an email
Enter an email address and password so you can save your answers. You will then be emailed a unique link to let you log back into your application at a later point if needed.
Throughout your application, you can select the option to ‘Return to this application later’ in order to re-send the link to your latest saved application.
Step 10: Contacting you by email
Visa officer may use your email to contact you about your application or send a decision on your application, about your immigration status after your application has been decided.
You must notify immigration officer immediately if the contact email addresses have been changed.
Select who does this email address belong to?
Step 11: Your telephone number
The immigration officer also contacts you by telephone if they have further questions about your application or about your immigration status after your application has been decided.
Provide your telephone number and click on save and continue button.
Step 12: Your name
Enter your name, as shown in your current passport or travel document
Step 13: Any other names
In addition to the names already provided, are you now or have you ever been known by another name?
Step 14: Your gender and relationship status
Select what is your gender, as shown in your passport or travel document and also select what is your relationship status?
Step 15: Your address
Type your full address with postal code and click on save and continue.
Step 16: About this property
How long have you lived at this address? (Required) – Select a unit of time and enter a value.
Step 17: Your passport
You must use your passport or travel document to complete this section. Enter the following details.
- Passport number or travel document reference number
- Issuing authority
- Issue date and expiry date
Step 18: Your identity card
If you have any other identity card then select the yes button. (This includes identity cards, issued from non-UK governments. This does not include driving licenses. If you have an internal passport, provide the details here.)
Step 19: Your nationality, country, and date of birth
Enter details such as Country of nationality, Country of birth, Place of birth and Date of birth
Step 20: Your other nationalities
Select yes if you currently hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or citizenship?
Step 21: Your employment status
Here you can select more than one option
Step 22: Self-employment details
Type details such as what is your job and how much do you earn from a job in a year.
Step 23: Your income and savings
Do you have another income or any savings? (Required) You can select more than one option.
Step 24: About the cost of your visit
How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK? (Required) Estimate the amount and include flights, accommodation and everyday expenses.
Step 25: About your financial situation
What is the total amount of money you spend each month? (Required) Include living costs, the money given to dependants, rent or mortgage, and any other bills or costs.
Step 26: Paying for your visit
Will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit? (Required) This includes any costs being paid by an employer or a company, or if you are being given any money.
Step 27: Your planned travel information
Type date you plan to arrive in the UK & how long do you intend to stay in the UK? (Required)
Step 28: Spoken language preference
Select which language you want to prefer to use.
Step 29: The main reason for your visit
What is the main reason for your visit to the UK?
Step 30: The main reason for your holiday visit
Select what is the main reason for your holiday visit to the UK?
Step 31: Check your answers
Check the information below before you continue to the next section.
Step 32: Mandatory documents
Selected documents are mandatory and you must provide them as part of your application. Tick the box to agree that you will provide each document.
After you submit your application, you must provide your documents to a commercial partner. You can provide your documents by:
- Uploading copies of your documents yourself through our commercial partner’s website, free of charge
- Taking your documents (originals or copies) to your appointment where a commercial partner will scan them for you, for a fee
Step 33: Visitor conditions
If your application is successful, there will be conditions on your visa or leave to remain. This will include, for example, whether you are able to work in the UK.
Step 34: Visa options
Choose the length of your visit visa (Required)
A visit visa is normally issued for up to 6 months, but some visit visa types offer longer options. The visit visa lengths you are eligible for are listed below.
Long-term visit visas allow you to make multiple visits to the UK, but you can normally only stay in the UK for up to 6 months at a time, with some exceptions for academics and their dependents, and people visiting for private medical treatment.
Step 35: Your payment provider
Pay your visa application fee online by Visa, Master Card or Skrill. Confirmation your appointment date and time after you complete the payment.
Step 36: Process after your appointment is confirmed
Print all the necessary forms including your Application Form, Appointment Letter, Travel Tickets, Hotel Reservations, Income Tax Returns, Marriage Certificate (in case your spouse’s name is not mentioned in your passport), Bank Account Statements, Travel Insurance and anything else pertaining to your trip.
Reach the Visa Application Centre on time otherwise, there is an extra charge of Rs. 2560 for those who reach late.
The biometric data will be taken and you will be asked to leave immediately after all this.
You received a mail and SMS after 10 days once your visa created successfully.
Final Words: I hope guys now you can easily apply for UK tourist visa after reading this article. If you have any question then feel free to comment below.